Air conditioners are intricate, strong and durable appliances, but they don’t live forever – here are a few signs that indicate you need a new HVAC unit:
- Age – most experts recommend replacing any air conditioning equipment that is 10 years old or older, even if they do not have any serious problems;
- Frequent break downs – if your unit keeps malfunctioning all the time and the repair bills seem to be higher each time, it is probably time to invest into a new unit;
- The air conditioner no longer performs well – if the unit is working, but it does not deliver the expected results, even though it was checked by a repair technician who found everything in order with your unit, you should prepare for the replacement;
- Strange sounds and smells coming from the air conditioner – noise and odor can be signs of air conditioner aging;
- Insufficient air flow that stops and starts again all the time – the symptom tells you that the equipment is no longer able to produce the pressure necessary for performing well;
- Increasing utility bills – if your AC unit needs more and more energy, but delivers less and less, it is probably time to get a new one.
For the best HVAC services, look to https://www.pasterkamp.com.