Air conditioners are intricate, strong and durable appliances, but they don’t live forever – here are a few signs that indicate you need a new HVAC unit:
- Age – most experts recommend replacing any air conditioning equipment that is 10 years old or older, even if they do not have any serious problems;
- Frequent break downs – if your unit keeps malfunctioning all the time and the repair bills seem to be higher each time, it is probably time to invest into a new unit;
- The air conditioner no longer performs well – if the unit is working, but it does not deliver the expected results, even though it was checked by an air conditioning repair Denver technician who found everything in order with your unit, you should prepare for the replacement;
- Strange sounds and smells coming from the air conditioner – noise and odor can be signs of air conditioner aging;
- Insufficient air flow that stops and starts again all the time – the symptom tells you that the equipment is no longer able to produce the pressure necessary for performing well;
- Increasing utility bills – if your AC unit needs more and more energy, but delivers less and less, it is probably time to get a new one.