The law requires owners to inspect their furnaces every 2 years, and the operation must be performed only by authorized companies. However, you can request this verification whenever you want – every year, if you consider necessary and suspect that something is not quite right.
What is included in the periodic technical inspection?
- checking the integrity of the furnace and maintaining the initial installation conditions
- checking and cleaning the boiler and its components
- checking of valves, filters and heat exchangers
- checking the correct functioning of the control, adjustment and safety devices – such as over temperature protection, water or gas shortage;
- checking and adjusting the combustion in according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- checking the pressure in the gas ramp, when it enters the burner; depending on the minimum or maximum permissible values, the necessary corrections will be made
- analyzing and verifying the furnace`s emissions using a gas analyzer in order to classify the values ??within the allowed limits: noxious, carbon monoxide, gas temperature, oxygen surplus, boiler efficiency
- checking the voltage at the power outlet and the existence of the ground connection
The purpose of periodic inspection
- operation of all equipment under maximum safety conditions – unless properly installed and maintained, the thermal power plants are not safe
- optimization of fuel consumption – consumption far beyond the usual limit makes the boiler practically inefficient
- re-authorizing the operation of the equipment.
For timely furnace inspections, see https://pasterkamp.com.